Operation Hire Maryland, an initiative to provide employers with veteran recruitment and retention resources, was launched in 2015. Through the collaboration and efforts of Operation Hire Maryland participants, a veteran friendly business network was established to share best practices and proven methods for veteran recruitment, hiring, on boarding, and retention in the civilian work place. During the course of 2015-2016 training and networking events were held across the State. Please see archived meeting slide decks below for resource information. As the Department explores partnering options for the continuation of this initiative, please take a look at the below listed resources for veteran recruitment assistance.
Archived networking meeting slide decks:
October 27, 2015
January 28, 2016
Owings Mills, Maryland
March 2, 2016
September 28, 2016
- To learn more about how to recruit, onboard, and support veterans in the workplace, visit the MDVA Employer Tool Kit.
- To share job announcements:
- American Job Center: contact the closest American Job Center and ask to speak with a Local Veterans Employment Representative who can provide assistance with veteran recruitment support.
- Maryland Workforce Exchange: visit the exchange to share job announcements.
- Maryland National Guard Civilian Employment Assistance: contact the Transition Assistance Advisor to share job announcements with our National Guard service members. Ed Graham, Transition Assistance Advisor can be reached at 410-576-2994.
- MDVA Jobs for Maryland Veterans Email: contact the MDVA at firstname.lastname@example.org to share job announcements. This email is sent on a bi-weekly basis.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs eBenefits website: visit this site to enroll and share job announcements.
For more information on the intiative contact: Dana Hendrickson Director, Outreach and Advocacy Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs 410-260-3842 email@example.com