This toolkit is provided as a resource for Maryland libraries. The goal is to offer a consolidated list of information pertaining to veterans services in Maryland, as well as provide best practices and veteran related programming ideas.
This toolkit is currently under construction, please check back for more resources as they become available.
Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs Flier: This flier may be printed and distributed throughout the year. It contains an overview of MDVA programs as well as contact information.
Contact list for veteran committee county liaisons: COMING SOON
Benefit and Services Resources:
- Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits and Services Guide
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Federal Benefits Guide
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs eBenefits: provides benefits information for veterans
- Military Personnel Records, Copies of discharge documents
- MD Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation Veterans Employment Program with Contact Information
- MD Workforce Exchange: provides online listing of job opportunities across Maryland
- MD Full Employment Act: Expedited Occupational and Professional Licensing for Veterans, Military Personnel and Spouses
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Veteran Employment Transition Roadmap: provides resources to navigate the employment landscape
- Easter Seals Veteran Staffing Network: provides job matching for veterans and employers
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs eBenefits Employment Center: provides career tools, including resume development, for veterans
- Veterans and Public Libraries: as shared by the California State Library, provides training, resources, programming ideas and resources
Best practices for branch specific veteran programming and events, veteran and military focused periodical list: COMING SOON