The Communications, Outreach, & Advocacy Program mission is to inform Maryland veterans about benefits and services that are available from federal, state, and local organizations and solicit feedback from veterans regarding their requests and needs for additional services.
The Program is also responsible for:
- The Department’s electronic newsletter, a bi-weekly publication comprised of notable veteran and military related events across Maryland
- The Department’s website, veterans.maryland.gov
- Welcome Home Maryland Veterans postcard mailings
- The Department’s social media presence
- Communications and public relations
- Serving as the Secretary’s Designee to various commissions, councils, and boards
- Managing the Maryland Veterans Service Animal Program and Fund
- Managing the Veterans Services Specialist Program in State Government
- Convening local county veterans affairs commissions, councils and collaboratives
- Managing the Department’s partnership with the Maryland State Library Agency
- Co-leading the Governor’s Challenge to Prevent Suicide Among Service Members, Veterans and Families
In addition, the Program provides briefings on MDVA
programs and benefits available to Maryland Veterans and their families.
The Program staffs tables at various community events to provide education and outreach materials pertaining to Maryland benefits and MDVA programs.
If your organization is interested in receiving a briefing
or having a table staffed at your event, please contact:
Denise Nooe, Deputy Director
Roslyn Jones, Women Veterans/Inclusion Program Manager
To learn more about how you can help us share MDVA information, visit our
Community Partner Digital Communications Toolkit