The Outreach & Advocacy Program mission is to inform Maryland veterans about benefits and services that are available from federal, state, and local organizations and solicit feedback from veterans regarding their requests and needs for additional services.
The Program is also responsible for:
- The Department’s electronic newsletter, a bi-weekly publication comprised of notable veteran and military related events across Maryland
- The Department’s website, veterans.maryland.gov
- Welcome Home Maryland Veterans mailings, an informational packet sent to all veterans returning to Maryland
- The Department’s social media presence
- Communications and public relations
In addition, the Program provides briefings on MDVA
programs and benefits available to Maryland Veterans and their families.
The Program staffs tables at various community events to provide education and outreach materials pertaining to Maryland benefits and MDVA programs.
If your organization is interested in receiving a briefing or having a table staffed at your event, please contact:
Dana Burl, Director
Denise Nooe, Deputy Director