Maryland State Government appreciates the value of the experience you gained while serving our country. This page contains resources Maryland provides to returning veterans – employment opportunities, veteran services, upcoming events and more.
Article – State Personnel and Pensions §7–207.
(2) (i) An appointing authority shall apply a credit of ten points on any selection test for:
1. an eligible veteran;
2. the spouse of an eligible veteran who has a service connected disability; or
3. the surviving spouse of a deceased eligible veteran.
(ii) An appointing authority shall apply a credit of two additional points on any selection test for a former prisoner of war
(g) Credit of five points on selection test. An appointing authority shall apply a credit of five points on a selection test for an individual disability, as defined by the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act.
In accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, State Personnel and Pensions, Section 7–203, if a manager elects to hire from a certified list of disabled veterans, who have served in any U.S. Armed Forces branch, candidates may be selected for employment without a competitive selection process.
- Documentation of being on an U.S. Armed Forces permanent disability list with a disability rating of at least 30%
- Have been rated by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs as having a compensable service-connected disability of at least 30%.
Source: Maryland Department of Budget and Management